A conceptual and analytical thinker, Annie's credentials have been built in a strategically focused interim career preceded by positions of increasing responsibility in consulting and professional services companies, and a 15-year early career in advertising. In Director- and MD-level assignments Annie has developed companies' marketing strategies, created marketing plans, launched products into new markets, written business plans, and managed global marketing programmes:
- As Head of Strategic Marketing for Arthur D. Little, she led a two-year programme at Sweden's largest retailer, triggering culture change in an organisation previously unfamiliar with strategic methods for managing retailer and private label brands.
- As Associate Partner with PA Consulting Group, she led the launch of a new service offering - 'Going for Growth'. Annie conducted an in-depth survey with European CEOs on the challenges of growth, and managed the dissemination of insight via a programme of events and media relations, supported by marketing collateral.
- As Marketing Programme Director for Inmarsat Ltd, a leading telecommunications provider, Annie managed a market insight programme, and a team of 30 people, for the launch of a new $1 billion plus service using GPRS and IP technologies. The company's service won the Banker Technology Award in 2003. Annie designed and led market research in 26 countries in difficult project conditions immediately after 9/11. Annie's work clarified marketing requirements of a complex, global business-to-business value chain and proposed strategic options following unforeseen new insight.
- As part of a major global innovation redesign project for a leading FMCG multinational, Annie secured buy-in for the appointment of a board-level marketer and for a new market intelligence process. In delivering these, she transferred knowledge of FMCG best practice, carried out extensive market and stakeholder analysis, and delivered a workshop-based programme for 31 global Managing Directors and senior management.
- For a top 20 consulting firm, she took a conceptual marketing plan through to fine level of detail for a 16-country launch. She rapidly established logistics and critical path, prioritised workflow, and wrote and delivered webcast, planning and internal communications materials.
- As adviser to a drug discovery company, Annie encapsulated complex concepts in simple messages for investors and collaborators. She provided coaching on strategic communication to the Chief Scientific and Chief Operating Officers in advance of the company's second major round of fundraising (£850,000 raised seed fund, £1.3 million raised first round).
- As Planning Director at a corporate/brand identity consulting firm, she led the stakeholder insight and alignment programme for Glaxo Wellcome's post-merger corporate identity.
- As Marketing Director of an innovative software company, Annie directed all pre-marketing and marketing activity. This included crafting of the business plan, refinement of market proposition and research, investor and partner communications and all external messaging and PR.
- As Marketing Director for a publishing company, Annie identified niche services and rewrote the business plan to reflect a new dual revenue financial model. She specified, negotiated and managed supplier contracts to showcase new SME retailer offerings both online and via published shopping guides. She developed relationships with outsource partners as part of £2.5 million financing.