Chris K, a graduate from the University of Lancaster, is a highly experienced and talented marketeer and entrepreneurial business development manager whose skills have shaped award-winning businesses and created brand and customer value and business growth for established blue chip organisations and fast growth start up ventures.
His background encompasses a variety of markets including pet foods, drinks, digital media and healthcare products with companies including Automobile Association, Amazon, Dalgety Spillers Foods, Goodman-Fielder-Wattie-Heinz and Grand Metropolitan Brewing & Courage.
- Founded and developed Zenith Interactive Solutions from start-up into a top ranking UK interactive media and marketing communications agency in under three years achieving £1.2 million revenue from £12 million billings.
- In 2001 it won an international industry award and was a finalist for two nominations in the Revolution Magazine Awards. In 2002 it was ranked number three in the Top UK Digital Agencies (by Campaign Magazine) and was voted “the most respected digital media agency for best work” by 100 interactive peer agencies (New Media Age Magazine – Sept 2002).
- For Automobile Association, led the marketing strategy, campaign development and customer member management programme of the highly successful fourth emergency service membership re-positioning, growing personal membership by over 25% and reversing a previous long-term decline.
- Managed a team of 55 and a £40 million marketing budget.
- Led the turnaround of the AA’s European five-star business from a £900,000 loss in 1996 into a £1.5 million profit by 1998 and the eventual outsourcing of AA motoring holidays and consumer goods.
- Led the brand transformation of John Smiths Bitter, which established it as the UK’s leading bitter brand.
- Prior to the merger oversaw an aggressive programme of new marketing initiatives across trade sectors for a number of Grand Met brands. This resulted in Webster Yorkshire Bitter becoming the leading bitter brand in the south of England and establishing Ruddles as national premium ale.
- Identified and implemented the pet food market segmentation strategy for Goodman-Fielder-Wattie-Heinz: New Zealand contributing to rapid sector growth in the New Zealand market and a 26%+ year-on-year increase in company pet food sales.
- Founded Active Wellbeing Group, a world-first, profession accredited self-help DVD programme for patient rehabilitation, complimenting chiropractic care.