David N is an experienced international HR Director who leads complex transition projects for high tech household names. He has an enviable background performing strategic and operational roles for dynamic, change-orientated companies and has assisted up to board level through mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture creation, plus down-sizing and receivership on a pan-European basis.
David has experienced the working cultures within US (East and West Coast), Asia-Pacific, French, Dutch and UK companies.
- Creation of a totally new HR function and strategy, built on the Ulrich model of business partnering for a newly de-merged FTSE quoted UK Plc in the B2B services sector.
- Review and recommendations for the alignment of HR strategy to business strategy for a UK Plc in the media/leisure software industry.
- Project managing due diligence and talent retention during strategic business review in run-up to merger in above software company.
- Project managed the divestment of a division of an oil and gas survey company to a major competitor. This included due diligence, project management, TUPE transfers, retention of key staff and implementing closures of parts of the business, as well as the repatriation/redundancy of a large ex-pat community across 15 countries globally.
- Built up HR function and created all policies and practices on a pan-European basis for a US multi-media telecommunications company. This included the integration of two large acquisitions.
- Established a European HR function, including policies and benefits infrastructure from ground up, for a US multi-media software provider. Key project included the integration of $250 million acquisition from Microsoft, across four European countries plus Asia, with the result of near total retention of all key talent.
- Led two major restructures within three years for the same multi-media software provider. This included transition of various overseas offices to franchise/MBO organisations in Benelux, EMEA and Australia.
- Led HR initiatives to create a joint venture company across five countries with major, blue-chip US partner.
- As HR Director for a major electronics company introduced a range of measures aimed at improving staff retention and morale. Introduced measures to outsource functions such as IT, facilities and engineering services achieving a 30% economy.
- Completed interim project to conduct a review of global HR function for Eidos Plc.