Gary has been central to the development of a number of multinational consumer products through his retail, consultancy, e-commerce, training and start-up experience in both the UK and overseas.
- Interim sales and marketing director for Grey Archer, a Nomura-funded b2b e-commerce start-up for the leisure industry.
- For Grey Archer, he developed and implemented the business plan, and recruited, trained and developed the sales and marketing team.
- Set up first marketing department for Burton McCall, with clear roles and responsibilities with specific brand budgets.
- At Littlewoods' scratch card division was responsible for the sales and marketing of a £30 million turnover operation.
- Littlewoods obtained broad distribution for the business across the impulse sector.
- Instrumental in the acquisition of Littlewoods' key competitor UKCL and integrating the two businesses.
- At Marstons he created two new divisions, the UK take home sector business and an international business unit to handle exports.
- Developed Tesco and Victoria Wine 'own brand' ranges of bottled beers.
- Appointed and managed distributors in Sweden, Italy, France, Russia, Canada and the United States.
- At Kenner Parker (Hasbro) grew the Parker Games divisions' turnover by 43% in two years.
- Personally developed the Argos and Woolworths accounts.