George K, who has a PhD from UCL and is a Chartered Physicist, has a proven track record in accelerating business performance to deliver improved profitability and operational efficiency in blue chip multinationals including KIDDE plc and Pirelli Cables.
With over 15 years at Managing Director level, George has a unique combination of experience and qualifications. His academic credentials give him a rigorous analytical approach and his wide experience provides in-depth knowledge of industrial operations which, together with his hands-on commercial approach and strong communication skills have contributed to his successful leadership of major turnarounds and change programs. He is fully tri-lingual and internationally mobile.
- For the Silvani Group, a Williams Plc subsidiary based in Milan, Italy, George directed a re-structuring and business turn-around project, replacing all senior management, reducing headcount by 25% within nine months and improving the cost base by 12%, turning a 4.5% loss into a 7.5% profit within a year.
- Launched the company on to new markets leveraging the group’s brand to reinforce positioning in the market and led the sales team to develop key accounts, increasing the order book by 55% in 12 months.
- As Managing Director of a UK subsidiary of KIDDE plc, he directed a business improvement programme increasing R.O.S. from 2.5% to 6.2% in a year.
- Developed key international accounts and increased channels to market with the introduction of a fast-track sales initiative offering improved customer service levels and additional revenue stream of £2 million in 12 months.
- Lowered supply-chain costs improving overheads by 10% and achieved cost reduction targets of 15% on premium products enhancing profit margins.
- Entered new sectors, identified best routes to market and set contract pricing/risk strategies achieving revenue growth of over 28% year-on-year.
- Focused R&D and marketing on product innovation, with the common objective to launch high-margin products creating additional sales opportunities of £5 million per annum, and improving market share.
- For STC Cables Ltd, in a 24/7 business, he secured a significant unit cost reduction of 40% over two years through process, quality and yield improvements.
- For a Pirelli Cables Ltd. Italian joint venture (FOS Spa), he achieved volume growth of 27% by capacity expansion and application of advanced manufacturing methodologies (JIT and TPM).