With an MBA in Facilities and Property Management, Heather W is a facilities and property general manager with a specialism in call centres and a proven track record of developing and implementing a variety of property solutions both in the UK and internationally, (North America and India).
An active problem solver who has demonstrable success in cost saving and delivering on time and on budget, she is also accomplished at aligning property activity to higher level strategies. Heather has proven influencing skills with senior management and at board level and is comfortable and experienced with the challenges of introducing change into an organisation.
As Head of Facilities and Property for an international business process outsourcer, Heather W:
- Was responsible for 41 facilities and property staff and an annual budget of £24 million.
- Accountable to the Board for delivering and managing 31 properties with in excess of 1 million square feet of accommodation nationally and internationally.
- Introduced best practice operational standards whilst saving the organisation in excess of £20 million over five-year period.
- Following extensive demographic analysis, she negotiated the lease terms and delivery of 27 new sites, including designing and converting a 86,000 square foot derelict car parts factory into a modern contact centre; converting a warehouse building into a partial print and fulfilment location together with a 500-seat administration centre; setting up a 350-seat IT headquarters on a modern business park and creating a ground-breaking benefits reception facility.
- Managed due diligence of 13 properties inherited as part of a strategic business alliances in the UK, North America and India.
- Developed a disaster recovery and business continuity plan to meet demanding business needs.
- Chaired taskforce meetings ensuring ideal match of people, places and technology.
- As an interim project and general manager, she has worked with a school in the south west of England resolving failed property management and facilities services from the PFI contractor and addressing inherent PFI issues.
- As interim Head of Estates and Facilities for a central London college, she was placed in charge of a new department responsible for the maintenance of buildings, from the provision of capital works through to health and safety.