John is a Group Finance Director experienced in financial control and systems management, as well as strategic business issues including MBO, venture capital, turnaround and the integration of acquisitions. He has significant experience in manufacturing, residential property, branded textiles and business-to-business services for organisations in the UK and Europe.
- Overhauled the finance function of a UK publishing house that was in severe financial difficulties and worked to raise new finance which enabled the business to survive.
- Group Finance Director of newly acquired residential property firm, managing a 20-strong finance team against a background of major business restructuring and cultural change programme. Improved the quality and timeliness of financial information, developed a property database and worked with management consultants to identify future business developments.
- Group Finance Director of quoted hire company, brought in to raise the standard of financial management and tackle chronic over-indebtedness. Improved cash management and banking relationships, as well as working with the CEO to explore disposal options including an MBO and sale to competitors.
- Helped implement management and cultural change programme as Group Finance Director for major European clothing manufacturer. Worked with Chairman to lead a successful £55 million MBO as well as disposing of loss-making divisions in Germany and Spain.
- Responsible for the finance functions of the European division of a Fortune 500 electrical manufacturer with a turnover of $120 million, overseeing six sales subsidiaries and five manufacturing divisions across the continent.
- Qualified with major international accountancy firm in London and had responsibility for a number of clients including the audit of a European publishing house.