Laurence C is a highly experienced manager with over 25 years in management positions including sales management, service/support management and marketing management for small companies to large trans national corporations.
Specialising in medical equipment and healthcare companies as well as having practical experience of e-commerce, Laurence has developed an expert knowledge of selling against major competitors in complex markets and is a contributor to Competitive Intelligence Magazine. He has sold to prestigious customers including the UK government and NHS has also developed and delivered a number of training and development packages for equally prominent companies. He is comfortable operating in the international arena, with sales and contract work in the UK, USA, Canada, European Union, China, Japan and Taiwan.
- Set up a four-person sales team to sell point of care diagnostic systems into the UK hospital and primary care market. This project included developing and implementing a management structure for the sales team, an advanced sales database, and the initial marketing strategy and plans, as well as hiring a complete sales team within eight weeks and having them fully deployed and selling within a further eight week period.
- Contracted to develop a multimedia training package for a new anaesthesia system for world wide distribution, Laurence developed and delivered the full package within a tight budget and on time.
- Developed competitor analysis for a leading medical equipment manufacturer, a project which provided a monthly newsletter detailing and analysing all competitive activity in the cardiac ultrasound market.
- Developing and delivered training courses for the US and European sales forces of a major medical company, focusing heavily on the medical sales environment.
- As Managing Director of a leading cardiac equipment producer, Laurence’s achievements included major reduction in costs by around 30%, moving the company from a significant loss making position to significant profitability in three years and increasing shareholder value ten fold in three years.