Martin R is a personable, experienced and highly qualified Finance Manager with strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills and an extensive background in large multinational and FTSE 50 companies. Specialising in financial controls, financial accounting, management accounting, budgeting, planning, financial analysis and system development, he is an excellent man manager.
His many strengths include the ability to motivate staff and form business relationships with managers of non-finance departments to explain technical issues and demonstrate the financial impact of decisions on that operation.
- He held the position of Financial Controller of a major UK plc (FTSE 30 Company), with operations in a number of European and North American countries, a £12 billion turnover and 35,000 employees.
- Project managed the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements of the UK subsidiary of a major multinational motor manufacturer. The ultimate aim was to provide the CFO and CEO with sufficient evidence of the robustness of their division’s controls to enable them to make a suitable attestation in the annual report. All deliverables fully completed on time and within budget.
- As Interim Senior Finance Manager at a major Japanese electrical products manufacturer, he implemented improvements to the financial accounting teams in the UK and the seven European offices that enabled the monthly financial results to be published on day five instead of day eight.
- As Head of Financial Controls for the subsidiary of a massive international FS Group with a turnover of £2.1 billion and 8,000 employees, Martin tightened the financial controls and strengthened the procedures for the collection of direct debit premiums from customers (value circa £100 million per month). This improved the accuracy of cash flow forecasts and the cash flow itself, and reduced customer queries and complaints thereby enabling call centre staff to focus on sales activities.
- Also for the same organisation, Martin implemented a new computerised system for automating personal expenses, enabling a slicker and faster method of reimbursing employees.
- Following the acquisition of a major FS company, Martin successfully merged the two corporate centre finance teams, reducing pre-merged staff numbers by 40% whilst maintaining controls and providing a full finance service.