Nick is highly experienced at working for international service and distribution organisations at Group Finance Director level. His particular expertise includes the implementation of accounting and information systems, and rationalisation in rapidly growing multi-site environments.
- Group Finance Director responsible for finance and administration at £30 million IT and telecom company. Oversaw restructuring of financing facility, reduction in DSO and implemented acquisition programme including target identification and deal negotiation.
- Project manager responsible for assimilation of newly acquired subsidiary into quoted telecoms group. Implemented new financial accounting systems, carried out audit and planning, and negotiated cancellation of purchase consideration.
- International Director of credit and collections for major telecoms organisation. Responsible for implementation of territory wide credit policies, delivered improvements to operating systems including customer service, billing, credit control and operations, developed a comprehensive credit risk reporting system and improved bad debt provisioning.
- Group Financial Reporting Manager for FTSE 100 financial institution, overseeing production of preliminary announcement document and liaison with investor relations in respect of shareholder and analyst queries. Prepared detailed financial analysis of operating subsidiaries for presentation to executive management.
- Managed the rationalisation of internal control system and management accounting for retail organisation to improve timeliness and quality of management information. Co-ordinated Inland Revenue enquiry in conjunction with professional advisers.
- European Finance Director for US public quoted IT company, establishing UK based European HQ and implementing pan-European IT and financial information reporting system. Effected cost reduction programme with change in emphasis from direct to indirect sales organisation.