Paul L is a senior manager with 20 years experience in sales and customer service contact centres, for companies including Barclaycard, Great Universal Stores and Ntl Business.
Performance improvement has been key to his success, as has a strong commercial awareness and excellent communication and analytical skills. He had handled everything from introducing new call delivery networks and performance based management programmes, to building training packages and HR and customer service policies.
- As Operations Manager, Business Customer Service, for Ntl Business, Paul L was brought in to turn around a poor performing customer service operation. Achievements include reducing abandoned call rates from 15% to a consistent 2%. SLA increased from 60% to a consistent 85%. Reduction in administration backlogs from 80 days to 8 days (SLA 20 days).
- Also for Ntl, Paul project managed major changes to a key clients telephone service, implementing new services within a record three month period and developed a strategy which has seen escalated complaints reduce by 85% over a three month period.
- At Great Universal Stores, Paul transformed the lowest performing customer service centre to the highest performing centre within just nine months. By introducing one-to-one monthly reviews, quality review accreditation, manager coaching and development and communication forums, he improved staff retention, drove down absenteeism and increased customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Similar results achieved at Barclaycard where a key site was massively under-performing until Paul L took over its management. Within two months the performance across all KPI’s was at least as good as other service centre and after four months the site was outperforming other sites.
- Paul handled the development and implementation of sales through service culture which delivered £3.5 million additional annual revenue.
- For Financial Telemarketing Services, managed multiple contact centres in both sales and service environments. Following the success of the south east based contact centres Paul L managed all aspects of expanding the contact centre operation by setting up a satellite operation in Hull. Paul L managed all aspects of the set up including researching location and handling all recruitment. Significantly increased revenue and profit.
- Within four months of Paul opening the new contact centre, the centre had established a performance lead over the existing south east based outbound call centre.