Paul M has over 15 years experience at board level, holding a variety of appointments from Finance Director to CEO, with responsibility for multi-site organisations with operations in the US, Europe and India.
A seasoned energetic professional with significant acquisition, restructuring and venture capitalist expertise, Paul is a skilled practitioner in raising external sources of funds and the implementation of world-class manufacturing principles. He has a full understanding of the need to generate cash quickly and has a proven track record of improving profitability.
- As Group Financial Director for a multi-site business with a turnover of circa £90 million with 600 employees within the construction industry, Paul was involved in the sale of the business to an MBI team. Joined MBI (Venture Capitalist – Phildrew Ventures) to run the financial operations of the construction division which consisted of five separate legal entities with 10 factories. Carried out major corporate restructuring programme which saved the organization £4.5 million in one year.
- Turnaround of loss-making engineering business then sold within two years at multiple of five times EBIT. Then went on to further grow that business with UK and Continental acquisitions; increasing the group’s sales revenues by 35% from $48 million to $65 million.
- Returned private engineering group to profitability by implementing a sales and marketing plan to grow the business, re-establishing customer relationships and improving quality of service.
- Prepared the same business for sale, negotiated with a trade buyer, managed implementing the business into the buyer’s UK operations, recruitment and hand-over of the new business.
- As President of the European operations for machine tool manufacturers, Lapointe International Inc, responsible for delivering the operational profit forecasts for all the European companies via the various Managing Directors of these subsidiaries.
- Also for Lapointe, was responsible for initiating, negotiating and executing three significant acquisitions in Europe.